Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Beginning

Well I said I was ready to start trying for a baby...what I didn't know when I wrote my last post was that I was already pregnant!


I may have said I was ready, but truth be told we were both in complete shock when we found out. Maybe I wasn't quite as ready as I thought! 

Now Matt is urgently looking for the next step in his job, as we both want to make it a priority that I be a stay at home mom. Hopefully I can grow The Ruffled Owl into something of a viable business, even if its just a couple hundred dollars a month extra that would be a big help.

We have a potential next step. I won't say anything more at the moment, but it might even include becoming homeowners. Nothing fancy, and certainly not Thursday Farms itself, but a place where we could decorate a nursery, and then once we move, rent out to provide a small extra income. With the housing market the way it is, there really hasn't been a better time to buy. Even after taxes, HOA fees, insurance and maintenance fees, it would still be cheaper than renting in the particular place we're looking! Then maybe in 5 or 10 years, when the economy has fully turned around, we can sell it for a profit to use as a nest egg for the farm.

Just dreams at the moment, maybe, but hey, that's what this blog is for.

1 comment:

  1. nice! being a homeowner is great and it feels so much better than renting.

    ReplyDelete